8 Questions All Parents Should Ask
(Une version française des 8 questions peut être trouvée ici !)
At MIS Geneva, our team is so excited and passionate about our approach to learning, our vision, and being able to witness amazing growth and a love of learning unfold before our eyes each and every day. We know that a safe and inspiring learning environment during these important years of development is a sometimes challenging decision for parents, as it needs to feel like an extension of family.
For those of you currently looking for a nursery or preschool (or créche) for your child, we encourage you to ask the following important questions to all early learning centers so you can make a decision that best suits your family and child. We have provided our answer below for your convenience.
- 1. What is the nursery’s approach to maintaining and encouraging creativity?
- 2. Does the educator sing, and if so in the right tone? Is this something that you check in the interview process?
- 3. How many songs are educators required to know by heart? 10, 20, 50?
- 4. Do children begin to learn public speaking at your nursery?
- 5. Do the children laugh a lot in your environment, and if so, how do you respond to this?
- 6. How often do the children get to experience the outdoors such as gardens, parks, forests, museums and farms? Do you have photos and parent testimonials from these excursions?
- 7. How do you teach children to be independent?
- 8. Is the nursery truly bilingual? Are the educators certified or mother tongue speakers in English or French?
Nous espérons que ces informations vous ont été utiles. Nous vous souhaitons bonne chance dans votre recherche d'un environnement favorable et inspirant pour votre enfant. Si vous avez des questions sur ce qui précède, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter à l'adresse contactGV@metroschool.ch. Julia Bentgens, MIS Fondateur